When it comes to having a drink, there are many options available, and many of them are quite fantastic. However, with so many cocktails, it should stand to reason that there are just as many cocktail glasses. The goal of this article is to introduce you to some of the best cocktail glasses out there, including both type and brand.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the Best Cocktail Glasses of 2021
- Libbey Vina Fine Glass Stemware
- JEKOSEN Crystal Martini Cocktail Glasses
- SNOWFOX Insulated Stainless Steel Martini and Margarita Glasses
Criteria for Choosing the Best Cocktail Glasses
There are an impossible amount of cocktail glasses available. Moreover, depending on the type of cocktail glass, there are different things you want to look for, making it difficult to generalize what makes a good cocktail glass. That being said, there are some reasons the cocktail glasses on this list were chosen over others, such as:
- Durability: There are going to be cocktail glasses that are fragile and delicate. After all, some cocktail glasses are meant to be thin. However, it is important that the glasses are durable enough to be used without worry. You do not want a glass that breaks at the slightest touch, and none of the glasses on this list do.
- Craftsmanship: Every glass does not need to be a piece of art, but the craftsmanship should be clean. For instance, you want a smooth, even rim, and the glass should be clear and appealing.
- Design: Design is another important feature, especially since many cocktail glasses are made for a certain type of drink. That makes it vital that a cocktail glass has a design that is suitable for certain beverages. It also means that even the more unique glasses should be made with functionality in mind.
It is not easy to pin down what makes a great cocktail glass since there are so many types of cocktail glass out there. However, durability, craftsmanship, and design are features that are necessary for every cocktail glass out there.
The 8 of Best Cocktail Glasses of 2021
This list does not have every type of cocktail glass out there, but it does contain a number of fantastic choices if you are looking to up your cocktail game. Moreover, it is a great place to start if you are looking for a reliable brand and should help you narrow down your search.
The first cocktail glass featured on this list is a wine glass from Libbey. These glasses are meant for red and white wine, and they are able to provide a great presentation for either. This stemware is also fantastic due to its durability, making it a great choice for events and any time that the glasses might need to be transported.
These glasses also feature a Finedge bead and Safedge Rim. The bead adds elegance to the glasses, while the rim resists chipping, making it an even more appealing option if you want something durable that will last. So, if you want a glass that works well for cocktails like sangria and spritzers, you should consider choosing these.
- They are versatile and can work for both white and red wine
- The design and Finedge bead provide elegance and appeal
- They are durable glasses that can easily be used at events
- The Safedge Rim resists chipping
- They are a great choice for things like sangria and spritzers
- They are not specialized to suit a single type of wine
When you are thinking about cocktail glasses, the martini glass is likely one that comes to mind. These glasses are found everywhere, and they are used to serve a variety of drinks, not just martinis. However, no matter what drink you are looking to serve, these 9oz glasses from JEKOSEN are an elegant choice for any occasion.
One of the things that makes these glasses so elegant is the design, which features delicate crystal glass and a 3.5-inch stem. Moreover, the crystal glass is lead-free, which means that it is both safe and attractive. Extra care is also spent on the rim, ensuring that it is thin and even.
- Martini glasses are a must-have for any cocktail enthusiast
- These glasses have a capacity of up to 9oz
- The crystal glass is lead-free
- The design and material give these glasses an elegant appearanceThe rim is cut with a laser to be both thin and even
- Many people have complained that the glasses are thin and fragile
- The price for what you are getting is a bit high
If you are a fan of martinis and margaritas but want to serve in something a bit different from your ordinary cocktail glass, you can take a look at this stainless steel option. Although they do not have the same appearance as glass, they have a sharp, elegant look all their own, and they are loaded with features that make them worth picking up.
One of the best parts about these cocktail glasses is that they are insulated, which keeps the drink cold and your hands warm. Moreover, the rim is thin, just like with the finest crystal glasses. You also do not need to worry about these glasses breaking since they are nearly unbreakable. There are even a wide variety of colors available.
- They are insulated, which keeps the drinks cool and your hands comfortable
- There is no need to freeze these glasses
- They have thin rims, just like fine crystal
- The design prevents them from sweating
- They are nearly unbreakable
- The price is much higher than ordinary glasses
- There is a chance that they will eventually rust
Coupe glasses, also known as champagne saucers, are a great choice for a variety of cocktails. They are also suitable for desserts and appetizers, making them a versatile choice. And if they are what you are looking for, you cannot go wrong with these 7oz glasses from BarConic, which boast both an elegant design and surprising sturdiness.
These glasses are around 5.5 inches tall, with the diameter of the rim being about 2.375 inches. These dimensions make them ideal for small cocktails and quite easy to hold. The fact that they are dishwasher safe is another benefit, and since you get all of these things for a reasonable price, there is no reason not to pick up a few for yourself.
- They can be used for cocktails, desserts, and appetizers
- The quality of these coupe glasses is high, especially for the price
- The dimensions make them ideal for small cocktails
- They are dishwasher safe and quite durable
- They come at a price that will not break the bank
- There have been some complaints about damage during shipping
Hurricane glasses are another popular choice when it comes to cocktail glasses. They are fantastic glasses for serving piña coladas and other sizeable cocktails, with each of them holding around 15.5oz. Moreover, they do not have to be used solely for cocktails, making great glasses for juice, water, and other beverages due to their size.
You will notice from the start that Epure takes pride in their glasses, with each of them being delicate but functional. In fact, they are durable enough to be put in the dishwasher, and they hold up well over time. The base is also solid, making them a sturdy holder for any type of drink. Plus, every glass is lead-free and completely safe.
- These glasses can hold up to 15.5oz
- They are the ideal size for a variety of beverages
- The durability of these glasses means that they can go into the dishwasher
- The base is solid, making them sturdy and easy to hold
- They come at a very reasonable price
- It is difficult to get in contact with the seller if there is a problem
It can be difficult to combine functionality and style, but the whiskey glasses featured here do it flawlessly. In fact, these KANARS glasses can be considered luxurious, and it is not just because they come with an elegant box. The reason they are so appealing is due to the timeless design and brilliant non-leaded crystal used to make them.
Moreover, these glasses have more going for them than their appearance. They have a heavy base and solid construction, giving them a sturdy feel and makes them difficult to damage. You can even put them in the dishwasher without worry. Plus, although they are marketed for whiskey and other liquor, they work great for all sorts of cocktails.
- They hold 10oz and can be used for a variety of drinks
- The design is elegant and timeless
- The non-leaded crystal is high-quality and has a brilliant shine
- They have a heavy base and solid construction
- They can be put in the dishwasher or washed by hand
- The rims are quite thick
This highball glass is a great choice when you want to build a cocktail directly in the glass or just need something with a little height. Plus, although this glass lacks any true defining features, it does have a classic, simple look and a clear appearance that lets the cocktail inside shine. It even has a nice 13oz capacity.
These highball glasses from Paksha Novelty stand out for their durability as well, the high-quality Italian glass durable enough to be used in various environments. They can also be placed in the dishwasher. On top of that, they are lead-free, so you can use them with peace of mind. The price for this set of six is quite reasonable as well.
- Their height is great for building a variety of cocktails
- The appearance is simple and clean
- They hold up to 13oz
- They are durable enough to be put in the dishwasher
- There is no lead used in these glasses
- The design is plain and a bit lacking
- They are rather easy to knock over
Dragon Glassware makes unique, high-quality cocktail glasses that you should definitely take a look at. The glasses featured here are whiskey tumblers, but their slanted rim and polished look allow you to do a lot more with them. They even provide natural aeration that serves to heighten the taste of the cocktails served in them.
The design of the glass does not stop at aeration, with it also being very easy to hold. And if you prefer to use large ice cubes in your drinks, they will fit inside this glass without a problem. In fact, this large cocktail glass can hold 12.5 ounces of fluid, allowing you to do a lot in a single glass. It is even easy to clean when you are done.
- It has an interesting design that allows you to make some interesting drinks
- The design provides natural aeration for a superior tasting cocktail
- This large glass can hold 12.5 ounces of fluid
- It is easy to clean by hand and can be put inside a dishwasher
- They are quite fragile
- The base is not weighted
How to Shop for a Best Cocktail Glasses
If you are looking to buy cocktail glasses, it is easy to get overwhelmed. There are a lot of choices, and if you do not know where to start, you might have trouble narrowing things down, much less making a final decision. However, if you consider these things, it becomes a whole lot easier:
- The Cocktails: What cocktail are you looking to make? One of the easiest ways to narrow down your choices is to think about the drinks you like and want to make. After all, pairing the right cocktail with the right glass is the entire point.
- Size: Cocktail glasses come in all types, but they also come in various sizes. Think about what you will be making and how large a glass you need, and go from there.
There are other things that you can consider as well, such as the material used and whether you want something with a sturdier base. However, once you know what you want to serve, you will quickly figure out what type of glass you want. From there, things become much easier.
There are a considerable number of cocktails out there, and many are meant to be paired with a specific cocktail glass. Of course, you can serve a cocktail in anything you want, but it might not be the same. So, if you want to up your cocktail game, thinking about the cocktails you want to serve and grab the right glass. You will not regret it.